CNBC – Software Engineer (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) Apply here!
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial markets coverage and business information to approximately 390 million homes worldwide. CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products that deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These digital products include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides access to premium content and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC iOS, Android and OTT apps.
About the position
The Act Two return-to-work program at NBCUniversal is a 6-month paid, fixed term role for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for personal reasons such as caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce (in an office/ corporate environment) for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply. At NBC, we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. The Act Two program offers you a chance to revamp your skills and gain new experience. Through our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce, you will also get professional development support through workshops and events where you’ll have the opportunity to make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
At NBC here you can start Act Two.
As an Act Two consultant, you will work on a six-month project involving software development using the mentioned technologies.
What’s in it for you?
• Experience working on large scale, high traffic, cutting edge applications
• Experience with all phases of SDLC
• Learn how to design, build and deploy enterprise scale web applications
• Exposure to design tools to create sequence, component diagrams and flowcharts
• Exposure to the latest MVC frameworks like Spring, Node js
• Debugging of real life software issues and implementation of fixes
• Work with databases like MySql and tools like Maven, Github and Jenkins
What we require?
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• Has taken at least 2 years away from the paid workforce (in an office/corporate environment) to focus on caregiving
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and analytical skills
• Understanding of core programming principles and design patterns
• Familiarity with web application development and MVC
• Experience working with one of the following technologies:
– Object oriented java script
– Node js
• Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest in emerging technologies/trends
• Must be able to work onsite at CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. A van service is available for employees commuting from New York City and New Jersey (Jersey city and others).
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States