CNBC – Devops Engineer (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) Apply here!
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial markets coverage and business information to approximately 390 million homes worldwide. CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products that deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These digital products include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides access to premium content and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC iOS, Android and OTT apps.
About the position
The Act Two return-to-work program at NBCUniversal is a 6-month paid, fixed term role for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for personal reasons such as caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce (in an office/ corporate environment) for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply. At NBC, we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. The Act Two program offers you a chance to revamp your skills and gain new experience. Through our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce, you will also get professional development support through workshops and events where you’ll have the opportunity to make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
At NBC here you can start Act Two.
As an Act Two consultant, you will work on a six-month project involving software development using the mentioned technologies.
This opportunity will allow you to:
• Learn Devops engineering, process & best practices
• Develop automation skills using ansible, chef, cloud formation & platform management Responsibilities
• Participate in agile teams to understand platformrequirements and build platform capabilities
• Collaborate with the rest of infrastructure, architecture, operations engineering team to create comprehensive platform management solutions
· Working knowledge of Web & Application servers like Apache Web Server , Tomcat, Redhat JBoss, Oracle weblogic,IBM Web Sphere
· Understanding of Linux operating system & Virtual Machines in Data center or Public Clouds
· Knowledge or Experience with automation/configuration management tools
· Understanding of Build Tools & Dev Ops Processes like Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
· Knowledge of Any Public Cloud (Amazon Web Services: VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, Route53, WAF, IAM etc )
· Good communication skills.