This year the theme for International Women’s Day is #ChoosetoChallenge.
At Path Forward we are always choosing to challenge, so we love this theme. In honor of International Women’s Day, we choose to challenge that:
- There’s a “pipeline problem”
- Wanting more flexibility means wanting/deserving less responsibility
- Women’s work is somehow worth less, and therefore paid less
- Hiring from non-traditional talent pools requires you to “lower the bar”
- Confidence = competence
- Women suffer from “imposter syndrome” (they suffer from the effects of continuous bias)
- Mothers are less ambitious or driven to succeed
- Men aren’t (or shouldn’t be) equal caregivers
- Mothers or other caregivers who leave the workforce aren’t as hire-able when they choose to return
What are you choosing to challenge in 2021?